- Arrival and Departure Times Weekly lets run from Saturday to Saturday. Occupation is from 4 p.m. on Saturday. We would be grateful if you could let us know a few days before you arrive if you expect to arrive on a different day. Vacation of the property is by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure. It is sometimes possible to change these times if you contact us in advance.
- Dogs. Well behaved dogs (and their owners) are welcome to stay at an additional charge of £20 per week per dog. A maximum of two and we ask that they are not allowed to go into bedrooms. No dogs are allowed in The Edwardian Wing.
- Smoking. The properties are no smoking.
- What’s included Prices include bed linen and towels, dishcloths, tea towels, washing up liquids etc.
- Heating and Electricity All heating and hot water and electricity is included in the price
- Washing and Drying Each cottage has a drying rack for drying clothes, and all bathrooms have a towel heater that is also suitable for drying. Clematis, Hydrangea, Honeysuckle and Garden have a warm airing cupboard. We will do any washing and drying for you in our machines. It is £5 per load, and it takes double the load of a domestic washing machine. The Edwardian Wing has its own washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Welcome Pack You can order groceries from ‘Graham the Grocer’s’ in advance of your arrival. Please ring the Manager (Ian Campbell) on 01866 822 248, and he will deliver for free the day you arrive. He can source all sorts, most people like to order some bread, tea, coffee, eggs, bacon, butter, milk for their arrival. He does many organic foods as well and has the best range of organic chocolate anywhere. Graham’s is open every day of the year except Christmas day. You pay for your groceries once you are here
- Wifi Complimentary wifi is available in all of our cottages for email and web browsing. However, being rural we cannot guarantee our wifi. We have a fair usage policy as we are in a rural location.
- Deposit We take a deposit of one third of the total. For bookings within 6 weeks before the start of your holiday the full balance is due on booking. If the deposit does not arrive within 5 days of acknowledgement of booking we reserve the right to cancel the booking. Payment can be by cheque, BACS or credit card. If you wish to pay by credit card or BACS please let us know and we will email an invoice with the details. Cheque’s should be made payable to “D&R Powell” and sent to Damon & Renate Powell, Bonawe House, Taynuilt, Argyll PA35 1JQ .
- Final Balance is due six weeks before your holiday begins, we will let you know what date with the confirmation of your deposit. We will email a confirmation receipt of your final payment and include directions for how to find us.
- Insurance We recommend that you take out a cancellation insurance as bookings are non-refundable. The Association of Scottish Self Caterers (ASSC) recommend J L Morris Ltd (underwritten by Allianz Insurance), Manor House, 1 Macaulay Road, Broadstone, BH18 8AS. Telephone 01202 642840.
- Making a reservation with us implies that you agree with our terms and conditions.
- You don’t need to print out all the information from our web site before you come. It is all printed and indexed in a file in the cottage, along with local tourist leaflets.
- Booking from Abroad We are pleased to have a EURO account available in the Netherlands, and it is free to transfer from any other Euro country to this. If you prefer to pay this way, please let us know and we will provide the bank details for a bank transfer. You can book online and indicate in the comments section that you would like to pay in euros and we will email the details, chose either BACS or cheque to complete the online booking then wait for us to email you with the details.
- Short Stays. We may be able to take bookings of less than a week outside our main letting periods.
- Groups During the main season we do not take any bookings covering more than 2 cottages. When more than one cottage is booked by the same party, the person who has booked takes responsibility for the group adhering to our terms and conditions. Please do not move furniture or crockery from one cottage to another, as we do not have the facilities to check everything over on a Saturday. We will supply additional requirements of crockery and furniture, but please discuss this in advance with us. We reserve the right to charge if we find our possessions have been ‘moved around’. You might like to consider making use of a cleaning and checking service, but this must be booked in advance, and will be done on either Friday or Saturday.
- Telephone or email bookings will remain firm provided we receive a deposit and names of all people in the party within five days (normally we will try to contact you before offering your cottage to someone else). Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, by the due date (6 weeks prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking.
- Guest undertake to notify any cancellation in writing. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance. The Association of Scottish Self Caterers (ASSC) recommend J L Morris Ltd (underwritten by Cornhill Insurance), 1 Market Close, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NQ. Telephone 01202 – 649330.
- If for any reason we are unable to accept the booking the deposit will be returned. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings which in our sole opinion may be unsuitable without giving a reason and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
- The number of people advertised as the property occupancy is the maximum permitted to stay. We reserve the right to ask any group who exceeds the stated number of people to leave immediately without refund.
- Guests undertake to keep any pets, where allowed, under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house-trained, are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation. Animal hairs to be removed from carpets and dogs are not allowed onto the furniture or in bedrooms. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared.
- Guests undertake not to smoke inside the property at any time.
- The responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- The property is to be used solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and the owners have the right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, unreasonable behaviour may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
- Guests undertake to allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
- Guests are responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping.
- Guests are expected to respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising the fire risk.
- Guests undertake to reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owners’ discretionary £25 charge for extra cleaning if the property has been left in an untidy mess.
- To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
- To vacate the property by 10.00 hrs latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £20, or more, depending on the degree of inconvenience to owners/incoming
guests. Guest arrival time is from 16.00 hrs. onwards.
- The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.